This PHPMaker 2024 project will show you how to redirect from one page to another by using Modal dialog.
There are 3 tables involved: table_001, table_002, and table_003. The tables schema are very simple and only for demo purpose. The ID of the previous table will be included in table_002 and table_003 so that we have link from the previous table.
The First Step: Go to the List Page of table_001, and then click on the button named Table 002 -> View -> ID = x at one of the rows in the main table. System will open View Page of table_002 in Modal dialog.
The Second Step: Click on the button Table 003 -> Edit -> ID = x in that View page that displayed in Modal dialog, then system will redirect to Edit Page of table_003; still in Modal dialog.
The Third Step: Change the data and click on Save button in that Edit page in Modal dialog, then system will redirect back to View Page of table_002; still in Modal dialog with the customized Caption: Table 002 -> View -> ID = x.
So here is the flow process of the logic above:
[Table 1 List Normal page] -> [Table 2 View Modal dialog] -> [Table 3 Edit Modal dialog] -> [Table 2 View Modal dialog]
From this project, you will learn:
- How to create a new button on each record in List Page, and hide another default buttons.
- How to create a new button in View Page, and hide another the default buttons.
- How to create a link to open Modal dialog window via Server Events with the customized Caption.
- How to redirect from the Edit Modal dialog to View Modal dialog that belongs to another table.
- How to write the code in Server Event in order to send some parameter to Client Script to open Modal dialog.
- How to redirect to another page that belongs to another table without using Return Page from Table options of PHPMaker project.
- How to prevent Delete if somehow End-User know and can access the link to Delete page, even the Delete button link has already been hidden.
- How to use custom default page via a customized function in Global Code.